Professional Development Activities
1. International Seminar on Innovative Management in Higher Education from 11th – 18th September 2017 in Israel
2. Nominated to represent Kenya at the International Conference on sustainable development goals held in Barcelona, Spain from 18th – 19th September, 2017
3. Represent the African delegation in University of Oldenburg in German from 5th -9th September, 2017 and gave a presentation on Advancing Education Research and Research Management African Parspective.
4. Participated in the National Conference on Education for nomadic communities from 31st March to 1st April, 2016 in Safari Park Nairobi Kenya
5. Attended the Fulbright seminar on Diversity in Chicago from 28th March to 3rd of April 2012.
6. Participated in the 54th Annual African Studies Association meeting, November 17-19 2011 in Washington DC, sponsored by Institute of International Education/ Council for International Exchange of Scholars.
7. Attended the 2011 Fulbright Visiting Scholar seminar on Democracy and Human Rights, in Atlanta, Georgia, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel from Wednesday, November 2 through Sunday, November 6, 2011.
8. Attended the Management of Higher Education Institutions Seminar at the Galilee International Management Institute in conjunction with Harvard University Extension School from 10th to 21st January, 2011, Nazareth, Israel.
9. Attended an Advanced Project management course by Oteacademy from 25th to 28th August, 2008, Athens, Greece.
10. Attended a Quality Management Systems course on implementation of ISO 9001:2000 from 9th to 11th of April, 2008, Nairobi-Kenya.
11. World Bank, Participated in the course on “Education for Development and Competitiveness: Challenges and Opportunities for Post-Basic Education” at the World Bank Institute, May 14 – 25, 2007, Washington, DC, USA.
12. Attended UNESCO Sub-Regional HIV and AIDS Capacity – Building Workshop, 24th – 26th April, 2007, Lusaka, Zambia
13. Attended Seventh International Workshop on Performance Contracts – Boston Institute for Development Economies at the Grand Regency, from March 12-23, 2007, Nairobi, Kenya
14. Lead facilitator at a Workshop on Performance measurement, management and improvement for primary H/Ts, Secondary H/Ts, DH/Ts and Heads of Department for Turkana District from 24th to 29th September 2006, Kenya.
15. Lead facilitator at a Workshop on Performance measurement, management and improvement for primary Head teachers, Secondary Head teachers, Deputy Headteachers/Teachers and Heads of Department for Malindi District, July 19th-25th 2006, Kenya.
16. Was a key facilitator in a Joint Swedish/Norwegian HIV/AIDS and Education Seminar for Education Programme Officers 19th – 21st April 2005 in Lusaka, Zambia.
17. Attended the Kenya/South Africa Cooperation Science and Technology Conference from 6th to 13th February, 2005, Pretoria, South Africa
18. Participated in an Annual Pan African Winter School in Mitigation of the Impact of HIV/AIDS in Education systems from 9th to 27th August, 2004 – sponsored by USAID and University of Kwazulu Natal, Durban, South Africa.
19. Participated in a workshop on Developing Effective Decision Support Systems in the Era of HIV and AIDS hosted by the Botswana – Ministry of Education from 15th to 19th March 2004 in Gaberone.
20. Participated in a Nation HIV/AIDS Education Policy Implementation Workshop organized by Ministry of Education, Science and Technology on 1st – 5th March 2004, Nanyuki – Kenya.
21. Participated in a workshop on National HIV and AIDS Policy Responses Planning Workshop convened by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology from 29th September – 3rd October, 2003, in Nyeri – Kenya.
22. Attended a National Advanced Education Management Course workshop by Kenya Education Staff Institute from 16th to 21st February, 2003, Limuru, Kenya.
23. Attended a High Level Workshop on Reinventing Public Sector Performance Management Conference from 4th to 6th November, 2002 Nairobi, Kenya.
24. Attended a workshop on Capacity Building for Catholic Education Secretaries by the Kenya Education Staff Institute from 1st to 4th October, 2002, Nairobi, Kenya .
25. Attended a workshop on Best Practices in Public Service Delivery for Provincial Directors of Education, District Education Officers and Municipal Education Officers held at the Kenya College of Accountancy from 16th to 22nd September, 2001, Nairobi, Kenya.
26. Attended a workshop on Effective Management of Schools Course at the Kenya Institute of Management from 10th to 14th April, 2000, Nairobi Kenya.
27. Participated in a In-Service Seminar for Teachers on Personal and Professional Development by Centre for Leadership Development and Conflict Resolution held on 21st to 22nd of June 1996, Mombasa, Kenya.
28. Attended a course on Use of Computer in Management of Educational Institutions at the Kenyatta University Computer Centre from 21st August – 1st September 1995, Nairobi, Kenya.
29. Attended a course in Educational Administration for Secondary School Heads by Kenya Education Staff Institute from 12th to 23rd August, 1985, Eldoret, Kenya.